Instructors and students should be using either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge with the Proctorio extension from https://getproctorio.com installed prior to conducting any work that requires Proctorio.
For each course in Canvas, follow these steps to enable Proctorio:
- Click Settings in the Course Navigation, click on the Navigation tab, drag Secure Exam Proctor (Proctorio) to the top section of the course navigation, and click Save.
- The placement of the Secure Exam Proctor (Proctorio) item does not matter, just as long as it is somewhere within the active section of the Course Navigation.
- After being added to the Course Navigation, return to the course homepage and click on Secure Exam Proctor (Proctorio) in the Course Navigation to complete the installation of Proctorio into the course.
- The Secure Exam Proctor (Proctorio) item must remain in the active section of the Course Navigation at all times for any Proctorio function to work in a course.
- Students will not see the Secure Exam Proctor (Proctorio) item if they are using Chrome or Edge with the Proctorio extension installed; students clicking on the menu item will be guided through the steps to install the extension into Chrome or Edge.
Upon the first time of Proctorio being added to their first course in Canvas, the instructor will receive an automated invitation to a training course from Proctorio. The training course contains excellent step-by-step videos on how to use Proctorio in Canvas.
Currently, Classic Quizzes are supported in Canvas. For now, Respondus Monitor may be used for New Quizzes.