At Kent State, we value the important role that parents and families play in the success of our students. Our hope is to maximize our Parent and Family Engagement platform so that it can become the place to find helpful resources, get (and stay) connected, and of course, answer any questions you may have.
We serve as a resource to our Golden Flash families, whether it be through communication or reaching out to various university departments, advocating when appropriate. We encourage you to join our Parent and Family Association for special perks as a family member of your Kent State student! Finally, we hope that you will like, share, and follow us on our Instagram and Facebook page. Let the journey of a lifetime begin!
Schedule of Events
Parents and Families Weekend 2022 will provide numerous activities for you and your KSU student(s) to participate in and enjoy as a family.
2022 Schedule of Events
Thursday, Sept. 15
- Women's Volleyball vs. Cleveland State | MAC Center | 6 p.m.
- Arx Duo Concert | KSU Ludwig Recital Hall | 7:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 16
- May 4th Museum | 147 Taylor Hall | 300 Midway Drive | 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Kent State University Museum| 515 Hilltop Drive | 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- College Open Houses | Various Campus Locations | 3 – 5 p.m.
- Ambassador Crawford College of Business – Room 215, Business Administration Building
- Aeronautics and Engineering – Room 101, College of Aeronautics and Engineering
- Applied and Technical Studies- Wick Poetry Center – 2nd Floor, Kent State Library
- Architecture and Environmental Design- Room 120, Center for Architecture and Environmental Design
- Arts- Kent State University Museum (Fashion Museum)
- Arts and Sciences - 102 Bowman Hall
- Communication and Information – Please see below:
- School of Media and Journalism or School of Emerging Media and Technology – 3rd Floor Hagedorn Gallery, Franklin Hall
- School of Communication Studies or School of Visual Communication Design – 2nd Floor Gallery, Taylor Hall
- Education, Health & Human Services – Room 134 Annex (Located directly behind the Memorial Athletics and Convocation Center -MACC)
- Honors - Honors College Library Room 52, Johnson Hall
- Nursing – Lobby, Henderson Hall
- Public Health - Moulton Hall Ballroom, Room 101
- University College (Exploratory) - KeyBank Student Success Lounge, Center for Undergraduate Excellence
- Parents and Families Weekend Check-In and Reception | Room 218, Kent Student Center | 5:30 - 7 p.m.
- Blue & Gold Paint and Sip | 3rd Floor, Kent Student Center Room 306 | 7 - 9 p.m.
- Family Movie Fun Night with FAB featuring Jurassic Park | 7 - 9 p.m. | Risman Plaza/Student Green
- 40th Annual Black Squirrel Festival | 3 - 7 p.m. | Risman Plaza/Student Green
- Discussion and Moderated Q & A with Jaden Smith | Cartwright Hall | 7 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
- Kent Rocks! Music Festival | Free music at 20+ venues in Downtown Kent | Times vary | For more information visit http://www.kentbiz.com/events/details/kent-rocks-music-festival-3528
- Constitution Day Celebration | Kent State Library | 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Parents and Families Weekend Tailgate | The Field House | 10:30 a.m. - Noon (For more game day information visit Kent State Sports)
- KSU vs. Long Island University | Dix Stadium | Noon kickoff time
- Post-game event at Water Street Tavern from 4 – 10 p.m. for the official post-game event for Parent & Family Weekend. The special featured for the event will be the Water Street Tavern Double Cheese Smash.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 18
- Field Hockey vs. Appalachian State | Murphy-Mellis Field | Noon
*This schedule will continue to be updated and is subject to change.