My student is anxious about living away from home. How can I support them?
Know that residence services is committed to providing giving students a safe and secure environment, in which they can grow academically. We know college students spend more than half of their time outside of class and because of this we feel that it is important to provide our students with the resources that will make the transition from living at home to living independently a smooth transition.
Find more specific answers to to these questions in the residence services parents guide:
- Living-learning communities and benefits
- The importance of student involvement on campus
- What your student should do if they are having a roommate problem or concern
- Important phone numbers, including as residence hall director phone list
- Student housing visitation