What should my student do if he or she is having academic problems?

In the case of academic problems, the student should work closely with his or her professors and advisor, make use of the academic support services at Kent State University—and seek further advice from the dean of the college office if necessary. First-year students are often reluctant to acknowledge their difficulties. Please encourage them to bring their academic concerns to their faculty and advisors. They will help them assess their difficulties and develop a plan of action.