1. The Chair Search Committee will use a questionnaire to solicit information from all faculty and staff concerning their expectations of the next chair. Responses will be anonymous, but they will be separated by Kent Campus faculty, Regional Campus faculty, and staff. A summary of the information will be shared with all faculty and staff.
2. The Search Committee will identify potential candidates for the chair’s position by soliciting nominations from tenure track faculty who are covered by the collective bargaining agreement. They will be given a nomination ballot that lists all Faculty who are eligible to serve as chair (Associate Professor or Professor in the Department of Psychological Sciences). Faculty will be instructed to nominate all persons they believe would be effective chairs, without consideration of the potential candidates’ willingness to serve. Any Faculty member may also nominate herself/himself by notifying the Chair of the Search Committee in writing that she/he wants to be a candidate.
3. All Faculty who are nominated will be considered potential candidates for the chair’s position. The Search Committee will then determine candidates’ willingness to become formal candidates. Potential candidates who indicate a willingness to become formal candidates will be told the names of others who have indicated a willingness to become formal candidates. This will be done before faculty as a whole are given names of those who have agreed to become formal candidates.
4. Opportunities will be provided for candidates for the chair’s position to share their views with the faculty. In addition, faculty will be invited to share opinions about the candidates with the Search Committee.
5. To assess faculty support for candidates, faculty covered by the collective bargaining agreement will be asked to vote on the acceptability of each candidate (yes or no). If there is more than one candidate, faculty will also be asked to rank candidates in order of preference.
6. The Search Committee will forward to the Dean of Arts and Sciences two or more names of candidates along with faculty ratings of acceptance. In addition, the Search Committee will forward to the Dean any other information and/or recommendations that it deems relevant.