Division of Emergency Management
The Division of Emergency Management works closely with the academic community to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to and recover from the vulnerabilities to hazards or disasters that may affect the university. Through multiple modes of safety education, such as conducting training exercises, routine drills and equipment tests throughout the year, the division is better able to deal with the unforeseen challenges inherent in an actual emergency.
Some of these responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the university’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Coordinating with the university's Emergency Response Team.
- Updating emergency protocols to correspond with best practices nationwide.
- Coordinating emergency preparedness as well as safety and security with the regional and satellite campuses.
- Developing and reviewing comprehensive university Emergency Management Plans, Emergency Guides and Facility Emergency Response Plans.
- Conducting tabletop, functional and full-scale exercises to test the existing plans and guides.
Emergency Response Team