Energy Tip of the Week: Shut It Down; E-Inside; August 30, 2017
A jog after work can be healthy and fun – but your desktop computer does not need to run.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
- Shut down your computer at the end of the day and work week.
- Activate sleep settings instead of a screensaver.
- Plug electronics into a smart power strip.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A computer left running 24/7 is wasting energy about 70 percent of the time!
- A computer with a screensaver uses significantly more energy than an idle computer!
POSTED: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:00 AM
Updated: Friday, January 27, 2023 06:20 PM