All payments options require and approved Expense Request Form (ERF) before purchase.
- Payment Request Form with invoices completed by department administrative support staff
- Director Approves
- Business Manager approves*
- Dean approves*
- Submit to Accounts Payable
- Check / Payment issued
*If applicable. Based on amount exceeding $2,500 for directors or other University Policies where a higher approval or exception is required.
Flash Cart (PO/Direct Pay with Invoice)
- Create a requisition in Flashcart
- Select Non-catalog order if using a quote before purchase
- Select Direct Pay if using an invoice after purchase
- PO created
- Administrative Support staff submits invoice to Accounts Payable for payment with the following information written on the invoice:
- PO number
- “OK to pay”
- the staff member’s legible signature.
- Note: Also write close PO on the invoice if the amount is less than the PO amount and is no longer needed for future purchases.
- Check/Payment issued.
- Employee initiates expense reimbursement workflow by providing ERF number and expense proof of payment(s) and original itemized receipt(s)
- Department administrative support or staff completes the online ER workflow or paper form
- Submit to director for review with original receipts
- Director approves reimbursement
- Business manager approves reimbursement to Account Payable
- Check or Direct Deposit issued to employee
IDC (Interdepartmental Charges)
- Employee provides documentation to the department administrative support staff with Expense Request Form (ERF) number
- Whether initiated internally or externally; charge is initiated for services rendered and billed to proper index and will appear on monthly budget breakdown
- Internal IDC are Initiated by Department’s Administrative Support staff or the Business Manager using the Banner Quick Journal Voucher.
Purchasing Card (P-Card)
- Departments are issued p-cards to manage item purchases under $2,500
- P-cards are managed by the department’s administrative support staff member
- P-cards can be temporarily signed out to employees for approved departmental purchases
- Employee to provide original itemized receipt, ERF number and update the p-card journal when returning the p-card
- Purchases must comply with all University policies
Acme/Hungry Howie’s/Bank of America (BOA) (Credit/Billing Accounts)
- Credit / Billing accounts are vendor issued credit account with monthly statements
- Accounts statements are paid monthly by the administrative support staff
- Reconcile and review statement transactions with receipts
- Administrative Support staff processes and pays via payment request form or purchase order
- Director Approves
- Submit statement and receipts (Except BOA) to Accounts Payable following the applicable payment process used
- Check/Payment issued