Guides and Policies
Consult the below guides to stay within the style and brand standards.
Find resources for other important information, such as Microsite requirements, sponsorships, and more.
Best Practices Guide
Learn the Best Web Practices and how to utilize them.
- Identify Goals Yearly
- Monitor Analytics Monthly
- Control Quality monthly
- Audit Content Each Semester
- Test Usability Yearly
- Improve Conversion Yearly
Prior to launching a Website, it is helpful to have someone unfamiliar with the project test the Website and provide feedback about the content and navigation of the Website.
Security and Privacy
- Do not collect Kent State ID numbers (Banner IDs), social security numbers, credit card numbers or other sensitive data through the university’s web editing system.
- Do not use student names in photo captions. Instead, you might say “A freshman from the Department of English studies in the foyer.”