Adobe Illustrator Essentials
Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard computer illustration software. Use Illustrator to draw shapes and design logos, flyers, posters, banners, business cards or any other vector graphics for print or web. In this course, you will learn Adobe Illustrator fundamentals to set up a print document and use various tools to draw, type and color all kinds of shapes and illustrations. Learn how to efficiently manage layers and artboards, and create print-ready PDF documents.
*Access to Adobe Illustrator software required.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Work comfortably with the software's most common tools and panels.
- Create and edit all sorts of print documents.
- Insert images, draw shapes, paint, type and apply color.
- Design and save print-ready digital files.
- To learn about Adobe Illustrator CC interface and work with menus, tools and panels.
- To draw and edit simple and complex shapes using shape and transform tools.
- To work with color panels to create, manage and edit color and color groups.
- To work with type and text formatting tools.
- To work with documents, layers and artboards.
Unit One – Getting to Know the Interface and Drawing Tools
- Interface menus, tools and panels.
- Working with various drawing and transformation tools.
- Drawing anything from simple to complex shapes and illustrations.
Unit Two – Working with Color and Text
- Working with color panels in the software.
- Creating, managing and applying color and color groups.
- Learning how to type and format text using various text formatting and styling tools and panels.
Unit Three – Working with Layers and Pen tool
- Layers and layer management.
- Working with the Pen tool.
- Modifying a drawing using Pen tool options.
Unit Four – Working with artboards
- Creating and managing multiple artboards.
- Learning how to lay out and design corporate package.
- Business cards, letterhead and envelopes.
- Creating print-ready PDF files.