Effective Business Writing Techniques
The focus of this program is on the study and application of best practices for writing in today’s diverse, digital and intercultural workplace. Business is driven by new technologies, changing dynamics and the need to communicate with diverse audiences from all over the world. The ability to write clearly and effectively is a vital skill as a professional. This highly interactive program develops essential understanding of rhetoric, audience and business writing conventions to improve your communication skills.
Upon completion of this program, participants will have the skills to:
- Analyze the purpose of any workplace message, anticipate its primary and secondary audiences, and select the best genre for communicating that message.
- Apply the process of organizing, drafting, revising, and editing into workplace messages
- Compose effective workplace messages in a variety of genres, including resumés, emails, letters, press releases, informal reports and formal reports, incorporating and crediting sources as appropriate
- Effectively incorporate visual elements, including graphics and data tables
- Employ successful strategies in work-related activities such as job searches, job interviews, professional behavior on the job and business presentations
We can tailor this program and deliver it on-site or virtually for your employees and leaders.
Brian Harrell has taught business and professional communication and writing skills for several years.