Protocol for Dignitary Visits
The following procedures will be observed for international and government visits to Kent:
Faculty to Faculty
- Departments should coordinate faculty/deans visiting Kent from other universities.
- OGE should be informed.
- If an agreement/MOU results, OGE must be involved prior to signing.
- OGE will coordinate visits by senior representatives (Provosts, VP, Director) and/or government officials.
- In the case of government official(s), OGE will interface with Governmental Affairs.
- Whenever possible, the counterpart/KSU representatives (same or similar rank) should be invited.
Coordination will include the following:
- preparation of an official letter of invitation when required;
- transportation (airport transfers, if required; advice on car rentals or escort to meetings);
- lunch (such as at the Schwebel Room) or dinner at a local restaurant;
- tour of campus;
- coordination of meeting(s) with counterparts;
- selection/presentation of gift(s);
- table flags of US and visiting country;
- lodging (occasionally provided when reciprocated).
Whenever possible, a 2-3 week notice is requested.