Admissions & Costs for Online M.A. in Translation
To be considered for acceptance into the Online M.A. in Translation program, please read over our admissions guidelines & requirements and then apply online (below).
The tuition rate for the Online M.A. in Translation program is $536 per credit hour. The program requires 36 semester hours of coursework over two years for full-time students, including a case study in translation. Students can also complete the program on a part-time basis.
- Additional fees include a $15.00/hr distance learning fee and $10.00/hr out-of-state surcharge
- The Software Localization course, TRST 60012, has a fee of $45.
- Students will not need to purchase any online software. They will be given access to a virtual machine with all the software needed.
- Several courses in the program will require students to purchase textbooks.
Admissions Guidelines & Requirements
In addition to submitting the application materials & fee and official transcripts required by university admission procedures, our departmental requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- A CD or MP3/wav file with a five-minute oral sample in the applicant's first and second languages (conversational, not read from a script)
- Writing sample(s) in applicant's second language,1 which should be accompanied by a signed declaration that the sample is original work and that the applicant received no help in its preparation
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
Start Your application
We encourage students to apply by June 1 to make sure they have a spot in the fall class.
Ready to begin your application to the program?