This page links to information for both future and current students in the Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies. As one of the most comprehensive foreign language departments in Northeast Ohio, MCLS offers programs in a variety of languages, with the option of studying foreign literatures, translation, or language teaching (pedagogy).
Please click on one of the following links to find the area you are interested in:
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Programs by Language
- Institute for Applied Linguistics for additional information on Translation Studies
- Career Exploration and Development, What Can I Do With This Major?
- Office Hours and Faculty Profiles. Click on any name for additional information.
- Language Requirement Information (click on Policies, then Foreign Language Requirements)
- Language Placement and Assessment Information
- Course Rotation Information (for courses that are not offered every semester)
- Course Descriptions
- Coffee Hour Information (spring and fall semesters only)
- ASL Resource Page
- Advising for Majors and Minors
- Tutoring for foreign language classes (spring and fall semesters only)
- Honor Societies for foreign languages
- Study Abroad
- Translation Practicum Application (graduate level only)