Benefits of Kent State's Online M.A. in Translation
Kent State University offers one of America’s leading university-based translator training programs. Our M.A. provides a firm foundation in translation studies and translation practice for students in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Our forward-looking curriculum is now offered fully online to increase access for those seeking an Online M.A. in Translation.
The program is funded in part by the Gawlicki Family Foundation. The Gawlicki Family’s mission is to fill gaps in the translation industry and to provide access to relevant, state-of-the-art, quality training for language professionals. The online courses offer increased flexibility, while providing you with consistent opportunities to interact with the instructors and your team. You have access to the program's state-of-the-art virtual lab, including a range of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools.
Advantages of Our Online Translation Program
When you choose Kent State for your online M.A. in Translation, you gain access to a wide array of benefits. Some of the key advantages to seeking enrollment for our online translation degree include:
- Conveniently earn your degree from anywhere in the world, with courses that work with your schedule
- Graduation rates exceeding 90%
- Excellent employment prospects
- Personalized guidance by faculty
- Access to virtual multilingual computing laboratory with state-of-the-art software
- Courses designed by experts in online pedagogy and in all aspects of translation/localization/language project management
If you have questions about any of these aspects, as well as queries about coursework or admissions for our online translation degree, be sure to get in contact with our faculty as they will be able to help!
Admissions for Our Translation Degree
For those seeking enrollment for our online translation degree, application materials, a fee, and official transcripts are required per university admission procedures.
Additionally, departmental admission requirements for our online translation degree include:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- A CD or MP3/wav file with a five-minute oral sample in the applicant's first and second languages (conversational, not read from a script)
- Writing sample(s) in applicant's second language, which should be accompanied by a signed declaration that the sample is original work and that the applicant received no help in its preparation
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency – all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
Looking for further information on admissions for our online translation degree? Visit our program’s comprehensive admissions page.
About Our Faculty
Our faculty is focused on student progress and success, preparing the next generation of language industry professionals for the field. As part of our faculty’s dedication to student growth, they remain current with industry trends and their teaching is based in thorough and insightful research.
Through their experience, they provide personalized guidance to each student, especially for the M.A. capstone project. Read more about our faculty.
Contact Us About Enrollment to Our Online Translation Degree
If you’re ready to attain the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the translation field, request information from our team today!