Benefits of Kent State's Online M.A. in Translation
The Institute for Applied Linguistics (IAL) is one of America’s leading university-based translator training and research programs. Our program provides a firm foundation in translation studies and translation practice for students in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish. Our forward-looking curriculum is now offered fully online to increase access for those seeking an Online M.A. in Translation.
The program is funded in part by the Gawlicki Family Foundation. The Gawlicki Family’s mission is to fill gaps in the translation industry and to provide access to relevant, state-of-the-art, quality training for language professionals. The online courses offer increased flexibility, while providing you with consistent opportunities to interact with the instructors and your team. You have access to the program's state-of-the-art virtual lab, including a range of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools.
benefits of The program
- Conveniently earn your degree from anywhere in the world, with courses that work with your schedule
- Graduation rates exceeding 90%
- Excellent employment prospects
- Personalized guidance by faculty
- Access to virtual multilingual computing laboratory with state-of-the-art software
- Courses designed by experts in online pedagogy and in all aspects of translation/localization/language project management
about our faculty
Our faculty is focused on student progress and success. They are current with industry trends and their teaching is based in research. They provide personalized guidance to each student, especially for the M.A. capstone project (translation/terminology/critical analysis) and doctoral seminars. Read more about our faculty.