Resources for Students with Disabilities

Ohio College2Careers

Are you a college student with a disability?

If you are, you will want to check out a new partnership between Ohio’s state college and university system, the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Ohio businesses, and Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD). Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VR Counselors) are located in 15 public colleges and universities around Ohio to help students with job placement, technology, and internships. OOD is also expanding its business relations team to connect college students with disabilities to internship and permanent employment opportunities.

Do you have a disability-related barrier that you fear will prevent you from getting or keeping a job?

Here at Kent State University, Jessica Vass is the Ohio College2Careers Counselor. Jessica’s office is in the Student Accessibility Services Office located within the Kent State Library in Suite 100. She also spends two days per week at Career Exploration and Development in the Schwartz Center, Suite 261. She can be reached at or or 330-672-8032. 

Connect With Us

jessica vass

Watch this Video to Learn More about Jessica's Role at Kent State.

Ohio College2Careers aims for students with disabilities to have the support they need to complete their degree and/or credential, earn higher wages, and meet the demands of tomorrow’s labor market.

Some of the services available through Ohio College2Careers include:

  • Career exploration and counseling
  • Assistive technology
  • Resume and interview preparation
  • Internships and permanent employment
  • Assistance navigating OhioMeansJobs resources
  • Connection to an expansive employer partner network

OOD is the state agency that helps individuals with disabilities get and keep careers. OOD serves individuals with physical, intellectual, and sensory disabilities as well as mental health disorders. Further information about OOD and its services is available at

Meet with Jessica to find out if you are eligible for services. Or, if an online self-referral process is desired, visit