Career Exploration and Development has both in-person and remote hours Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We are excited that you are interested in recruiting our students and alumni. Please explore the variety of virtual options below that are available to connect you with talented candidates.
Let us help you recruit Kent State candidates who can quickly contribute toward the success of your organization. Promote your opportunities via participation in career fairs, online position postings in Handshake, virtual interviews and more.
Handshake: Post positions and recruit virtually
- Events: Using Handshake's new video and virtual career fair capabilities, Career Exploration and Development will be hosting a variety of events to meet your recruiting needs. You can also utilize Handshake to promote virtual information sessions, workshops, etc. that your organization is hosting.
- Career Exploration Fair: Recruit candidates at the Career Exploration Fair and take advantage of our Employer Promotion Rate for enhanced promotion and marketing to students before the event.
- Posting Positions: Log into Handshake to post openings and search candidates.
Hire an Intern
Internships may be the most-effective, cost-efficient tool for recruiting full-time hires. We can help you with both attracting interns and developing your program.
- Develop a successful internship program
- Department internship contacts
- Also recruit interns at OhioMeansInternships.com
Log into Handshake to request and contact our employer relations team to schedule a date to host your virtual interviews to meet with qualified candidates. Your visit will be promoted to students/alumni.
Find a variety of recruiting packages available at the University level.
Connect with student organizations & Faculty
Host a Virtual Information Session
Increase student awareness of your organization and available opportunities by hosting a virtual information session. Request your event in Handshake. Once it is approved, your session will be promoted to students and alumni.
Advertise through Student Media
Kent State Student Media has award-winning digital, print, film and broadcast media platforms in which you can advertise your organization and open positions. Access the outlets you need to reach the target audience you want.