Certificate of Insurance

A Certificate of insurance is usually requested from an outside entity and provides them with proof that the university has insurance and also provides them with coverage limits. In some cases the entity requests to be named as an additional insured on the policy and they may also request multiple other people affiliated with the event to also be named.

If you are asked for a certificate of insurance or proof of insurance you will need to contact the Risk Management Department.

At a minimum, the following information is needed before a request can be made to our insurance broker:

  • Complete name and address of entity requesting the certificate or proof of insurance;
  • Purpose of the request: student clinicals, KSU use of facility, KSU sponsored event, grant award (be specific), etc;
  • Date(s) of the event;
  • Coverage to be included: property, auto, general liability, medical malpractice, etc;
  • Insurance amounts requested;
  • Specific verbiage required per contract (if applicable).

Requests should be emailed to Elaine Ramhoff at eramhoff@kent.edu (ext. 2-1949). Please allow at least 2 business days for the return of the certificate. The certificate will be sent via an email to the person requesting the certificate and you will be asked to forward on as needed.