The Fire Safety and Prevention Office provides training for the following departments on an annual basis, due to a change in personnel, or by special request:
- Security Aides receive training in fire prevention, first responder, extinguishment and evacuation.
- Resident Directors and Resident Assistants receive training in fire prevention, first responder, extinguishment and evacuation.
- Chemistry and Biological Sciences departments receive training in fire prevention, extinguishment and evacuation for their areas.
- The crafts department in the School of Art receives training in fire prevention and extinguishment.
- Burn permit training for those departments and contractors conducting hot work activities.
Fire Safety Training Topics
- fire extinguisher use
- fire alarm response
- first responder
- building evacuation due to emergencies
For additional training information
To request information regarding Fire Safety Training, please call the Fire Safety and Prevention Office at (330) 672-1962 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.