Doctoral Forum Retreat
Fall 2020 Doctoral Forum Retreat
March 14, 2020
9:00 - 12:00
White Hall 200
Light breakfast provided
- Creating a research agenda.
- APA 7.
- Electronic filing system.
- Intercultural Education and Communication.
- Professional development domestically and internationally.
The Doctoral Forum Retreat takes place each semester, usually on a Saturday morning. This is a valuable opportunity for doctoral students from different programs to interact with each other, discuss topics of interest and attend breakout sessions or workshops to learn valuable skills. Please join us for these events.
At the Doctoral Forum Retreat students can give a presentation, host a breakout session, become a panelist (or host a panel!), and volunteer at the registration station. We appreciate all ideas and creativity that will contribute to personal and professional growth for all!
Share your thought with us!
I want to publish an article but how do I do that? How do I find post-doctoral fellowship? What is a comprehensive exam and how should I prepare for it? We want to help! Please share with us what you would like to learn in the Doctoral Forum Retreat. Your need as a doctoral student and a scholar is important and we want to hear about it.
Doctoral Forum Retreat in the Past
Topics discussed at previous retreats
- Navigating doctoral studies from diverse perspectives
- Navigating intercultural academic life
- Post-doctoral fellowships
- Creating a research agenda
- How to write the Curriculum Vitae
- Planning and writing the dissertation
- Writing for academic publication
- Job search strategies
- Creating a productive line of inquiry in research
- Using technology to aid research
- Submitting proposals and delivering conference presentations
Previous Doctoral Forum Retreat
- Spring 2019 Doctoral Forum Retreat
- Fall 2018 Doctoral Forum Retreat Poster and Agenda
- Fall 2017 Doctoral Forum Retreat Poster