All HEM scholarship applications must be submitted online by going to the EHHS Student Scholarship Portal. Below is a description and criteria for all HEM scholarships.
3 FOODIES HOSPITALITY GROUP LLC SCHOLARSHIP
- Must be enrolled in the College of Education, Health and Human Services in a Hospitality Management degree program, undergraduate or graduate
- Must demonstrate financial need due to a unique or unexpected hardship that would cause a lack of funding needed to continue pursuing degree completion or developmental opportunities
- A recipient can receive up to $1000 annually; not renewable, must reapply
ALEX DOODY "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN" MEMORIAL FUND FOR STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP
- Must be enrolled in the College of Education, Health and Human Services Hospitality Management program (graduate or undergraduate; major or minor)
- Must be participating in a Study Abroad experience during the semester that the scholarship is awarded
HOSPITALITY INSPIRATION SCHOLARSHIP
The recipient of this scholarship must have engaged in community work that demonstrates social consciousness, or be overcoming challenges and serve as an inspiration to future generations of Hospitality Management students.
- Must be a Kent State University student in their junior or senior year of study, majoring in Hospitality and Event Management
- Submission of current resume
- Submission of unofficial transcript
- Essay describing community work that demonstrates social consciousness or challenges overcome
College Town Kent Scholarship for Hospitality Management
This scholarship is funded by College Town Kent, LLC and is designated to be used toward tuition for a Hospitality and Event Management student.
- Must be enrolled in either the undergraduate Hospitality and Event Management program or the graduate Hospitality & Tourism Management program
Greater Cleveland Chapter of Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) – Future Club Manager Scholarship
This award was established to financially support members of the Kent State University CMAA Student Chapter who are pursuing a bachelor's degree. One scholarship will be awarded to a qualified applicant each year depending on available funds.
- Member of Kent State CMAA Student Chapter for a minimum of one year with regular participation and leadership in student chapter meetings and other activities.
- Minimum GPA of 2.50
- Full-time student at KSU pursuing a bachelor's degree in a field of study appropriate to support a career in club management
- Minimum of one semester remaining before graduation
- Letter of application stating qualifications for scholarship and future career goals
- Resume, including work experience and CMAA Student Chapter involvement
- Official University transcript
- Faculty reference
- Club manager reference
Linerode-Irmiter Hospitality Management Scholarship
Mrs. Doris Linerode Irmiter and Dr. Theodore Irmiter established this award to support students in the program. Dr. Irmiter was a former Director of the School of Family and Consumer Studies. Two scholarships are awarded each year.
- Admission in the HEM program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Leadership in Food Service
- Work experience in hospitality food service
- Commitment to principles and practices of HEM
Frances Schwebel Solomon Food Service Management Scholarship
This award was established in 1996 by Mrs. Frances Schwebel Solomon to support students in the hospitality food service management program. The scholarship is intended to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to achieve educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek opportunities to further their progress. One or two awards may be given annually.
- Student studying HEM
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from faculty, work experience in food service, extracurricular activities
MARY E. KELLER SCHOLARSHIP FOR HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Sophomore standing with at least 60 hours remaining before graduation OR Junior standing with at least 30 hours remaining before graduation
- Current involvement in extracurricular activities
INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS CLEVELAND HOSPITALITY SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is funded by Intercontinental Hotels of Cleveland and is designated to be used toward tuition, fees, books and supplies, and travel associated with a university-sanctioned study abroad program for Hospitality and Event Management students.
- A full-time Kent State University student enrolled in their junior or senior year of study, and majoring in Hospitality and Event Management. The recipient must be admitted into the professional phase of the Hospitality and Event Management program
- Minimum grade point average of 2.75
- Current resume
- Official transcript
- One page, double-spaced typewritten essay on career goals
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) Scholarship
- International Association of Conference Centers (IACC) Scholarship
- Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) Scholarship
- Club Managers Association of America (CMAA)
- American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA)
KSU HM Advisory Board Member