The KSU chapter of PCMA is always looking for new student members. The organization is open to any undergraduate or graduate student who is interested in the meeting and event planning industry. Students with less than six months before graduation are not eligible.
Why become a PCMA student member?
- Student Scholarships totaling over $30,000 specifically for PCMA student members
- PCMA's Career Center gives student members access to the meeting and event industry's top employers and job opportunities.
- Exposure to events and meeting industry guest speakers.
- Tours of hotels, clubs, conference and convention centers to observe behind-the-scenes setup and event preparation.
- Students in the KSU Chapter of PCMA belong to the POWER Chapter. Student members can participate in regional education, networking, leadership development, and community service opportunities.
- Substantial registration discounts and hotel room discounts are available to student members to attend PCMA's Annual Meeting, the industry's most sought after event, with over 80 educational sessions covering hot topics, innovative executive level programs, and insightful discussions of best practices through shared interest groups. Venues for future annual meetings include San Francisco, California and Austin, Texas.
- Subscription to Convene Magazine, the leading resource to which meeting professionals turn for in-depth information on trends in meeting management.
How to become a PCMA student member
The online application is available here. You will need a credit card if you choose to become a member using the online application. If you would like a copy of the paper application, please contact one of the officers of the KSU chapter of PCMA. You can provide a personal check if you choose to fill out a paper application.
How much does it cost to become a PCMA student member?
National membership dues are free of charge for students looking to join PCMA. Local dues are $25 per person each year.