BRIDGES Summer Program
BRIDGES is designed for and offered to incoming first-year students from historically under-represented and first-generation groups looking to pursue a degree in the College of Education, Health and Human Services.
The 2024 program is from June 29th-August 4th!
ADVANTAGES OF PARTICIPATING IN THE EHHS BRIDGES PROGRAM
- Five-week experience that includes FREE on-campus housing and meal plan
- Receive up to seven credit hours before starting the fall semester
- Access to peer tutoring and mentoring provided by/from the EHHS faculty and staff
- Access to College Success workshops and opportunities to explore social and cultural activities
- Involvement through Community Service projects and initiatives
- Gain life-long friendships and campus confidence
The Bridges program debuted in the summer of 2017 with a class of nine inaugural students, the "Divine Nine." Of those students was Marissa Trubatch, a 2021 Human Development & Family Studies program graduate. Marissa built a powerful foundation for her college career through relationship building and goal setting while learning about Kent State's vast amount of student resources, including tutoring, academic support, and student engagement and organizations.
THE BRIDGES SUMMER EXPERIENCE
The summer before starting freshman year of college is typically full of goodbyes and grad parties. But after learning about the Bridges Summer Program, Amaya Kender, a 2023 Exercise Science program graduate, spent the summer changing her life.