Courses of Study
The Early Childhood Education program offers a number of degree options on Kent's main campus, as well as on several satellite campuses:
- Early Childhood Education Technology (Salem & Tuscarawas campuses only)
- Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.E.) (Kent, Salem & Tuscarawas campuses)
- Master of Education in Early Childhood (M.Ed.)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) - initial licensure
- Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction with a concentration in Early Childhood Education - Visit the Curriculum & Instruction website for a description of this program.
In addition, the program offers several additional licenses and endorsements for persons who already hold an active teaching certificate or license:
- Second License Program in Early Childhood Education
- Pre-Kindergarten Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement - This endorsement may be included in a Master of Education program of study. Visit the Literacy Education website for further details.
- Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement (Grades 4-5)
IBPYP Certificate in Teaching and Learning
Kent State University was the first university to offer an International Baccalaureate Early Childhood Teaching program. Learn more about IBPYP.