Forms & Links
The undergraduate program in early childhood education works closely with the Vacca Office of Student Services (prior to admission to the program) and the Office of Clinical Experiences (to facilitate field experiences and student teaching).
- Undergraduate Advising in the Vacca Office of Student Services
- Clinical Experiences
- Early Childhood Education Roadmap and Program Requirements
- The graduate program in early childhood education (M.Ed.) is based on transcript evaluation and individually developed to meet students' continuing educational requirements. An off-campus Master's cohort is available. The following prospectus is used to guide individual faculty advisors and students. Advisors are assigned after admission into the ECED M.Ed. program.
- The Early Childhood MAT program is for those individuals who already hold a bachelor's degree in another subject area and who are interested in becoming certified to teach Preschool through Grade 3 in the state of Ohio.
Licensure & Endorsements
- Second License Program in Early Childhood Education - Second License Program of Study (PDF)
- Pre-Kindergarten Endorsement - Prekindergarten Validation (PDF)
- Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement (Grades 4-5) - Generalist 4-5 Endorsement Summer Schedule (DOC)
The Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction (C& I) currently offers a concentration in Early Childhood Education. An early childhood emphasis within the doctoral program allows graduate students to pursue a primary emphasis in curriculum and instruction and an individual focus in early childhood education. Early childhood core requirements emphasize constructivist teaching, social action, policy building and teacher as researcher. Ph.D. graduate admissions is required.