What’s the procedure for requesting a personnel record?
In accordance with the Ohio Public Records Act and Kent State University administrative policy 5-15.1, current and former employees may request to inspect and obtain a copy of their personnel files. The university will respond to such requests within a reasonable period of time.
- The request must be made to the manager of human resources records at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The request must specify the record(s) to be viewed.
- Upon receipt of the request, the manager of human resource records will schedule an appointment to take place during normal business hours.
- Official record(s) must remain in the custody of the manager.
- Copies, if requested, will be provided within a reasonable time period, at a cost of $.10 per sheet. There will be an additional charge for postage, if applicable.
Please note: If you are requesting information about another employee, your request will be forwarded to the Office of General Counsel. When a public records request is made to examine an employee's personnel file, that employee will, when practical and if possible, be notified in advance of the release of the record, that the record has been requested, and informed of the name of the person making the request, if available.
Open Enrollment is Oct. 16 - Nov. 3. Each year in the fall, benefits-eligible employees may select and make changes to their health coverage plans based on their needs and the needs of their family. Outside a qualifying life event, this will be the only window during which such changes may be made. Note that all benefits-eligible employees are strongly encouraged to go through Open Enrollment as some benefits selections do not carry over without the employee's annual approval. Be on the lookout for your Open Enrollment postcard, which includes Open Enrollment Fair details.
Faculty, staff and graduate assistants will again eat for free once a week this semester on the Kent Campus. A meal swipe will be provided each week to your FLASHcard, now through Dec. 8, 2023. Meal swipes may be used for dine-in meals at the Eastway and Design Innovation dining halls.
The IRS recently issued the Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution limits for the 2024 coverage year. Employees who select the High Deductible Health Plan for plan year 2024 can opt into a Health Savings Account. Click here to learn more about the change in contribution limits.