Instruction and Delivery
- Representative syllabi from each course (e.g. PHIL 11001), indicating scope of class, class requirements, exam and paper schedule, grading procedure, reading assignments. *
- Copies of examinations given in each course, requirements for papers, and any course handouts. *
- Student evaluations, including all numeric data and student comments contained in the SSI Report to the department, from each class the candidate has taught. *
- Peer review and evaluation of teaching, including visitation of the instructor’s classes during the time he or she is a candidate for tenure.
- Evidence of outstanding achievement, such as teaching awards. The value or weight of any one award will depend upon the review process, and the level of competition (college, university, state, region, or national award).
- Honors course contact-hours and additional requirements added to non-honors courses.
- Experiential Learning Requirement (ELR) contact-hours and additional requirements added to non-ELR courses.
Teaching Excellence Committee Reports will be included in each candidate’s file by the Chair.