Commencement Class of 2020
Dear Class of 2020:
We are excited to invite you to return to campus during Homecoming 2021. We have planned a historic, in-person commencement ceremony dedicated to your class. At this ceremony, all Class of 2020 graduates will cross the stage and have their name announced. Additionally, Doctoral graduates will be hooded by their dissertation directors. The Class of 2020 Commencement will take place at 1 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1, 2021 at Manchester Field. We are delighted and proud to recognize and celebrate you during this special weekend. Below you will find commencement participation details and other activities that recognize and celebrate you during Homecoming Weekend!
Commencement Particpation Details
- Purchase Your Cap and Gown - Visit the University Bookstore during normal business hours or online at the Campus Bookstore to view detailed information and pricing. Note: Doctoral graduates will need to bring their hoods for the hooding ceremony.
- Tickets and Seating - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD GUEST TICKETS. All graduates who RSVP'd will have access to download 4 guest tickets from September 15 - September 30. Class of 2020 graduates will be seated with their guests. Accessibility seating and other reasonable accommodations will be available to guests at Commencement. Guests in need of accommodations should arrive no less than 60 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony and see an usher to be seated. Seating in these reserved areas cannot be guaranteed once the ceremony begins.
- Parking and Shuttles - All parking lots are open on Commencement Day. Handicap parking is available. Shuttles will run to and from the ceremony venue.
- Inclement Weather - Seating areas for graduates and guests will be tented. The Class of 2020 Commencement will be held rain or shine. Severe weather (thunderstorms, lightning, tornado watch and/or warning) may lead to postponement. Communication on event delays due to inclement weather will posted on the Commencement website and emailed to the graduates FlashLine account.
Homeocoming Parade Grand Marshal
- We are excited to announce that the Class of 2020 has been selected as the 2021 Homecoming Parade Grand Marshals. The parade is one of Kent State’s oldest Homecoming traditions, and we can’t wait to honor your achievements during it! The role of grand marshal is typically reserved for famous alumni, notable leaders and other dignitaries - but we feel each of you deserves a crowd of cheering fans to honor your achievement! As the Homecoming Parade Grand Marshal, you are invited to lead the parade as it makes its way down E. Main Street and past the front campus.We look forward to celebrating you in person. If you are interested in being a part ofthe parade, please let us know here.
Flash Nation Tailgate
- Join us at the Flash Nation Tailgate before the football game. We have a special section reserved just for you! In addition to delicious food and a festive atmosphere, you’ll also be able to pick up your free Class of 2020 football game ticket to watch the Golden Flashes take on the Bowling Green Falcons.
Contact Us: UniversityEvents@Kent.edu
Follow Us: @KSUCeremonies on Instagram and Twitter