Employee Accommodation Request
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 2008, Kent State University provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities who require them to effectively perform the essential function of their position, or to participate in or benefit from the employment process.
For employees, this process is implemented by the Office of Compliance, Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action (EOAA).
In order to initiate the accommodation request process, EOAA needs information from the employee and healthcare provider. The healthcare provider will also need a copy of the employee's official job description. Instructions for completion are included with each form.
- The employee completes the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form for Employee (pdf)
- The employee provides their healthcare provider with an Official Job Description and the Documentation of Disability or Impairment for Healthcare Provider Form (pdf)
- All forms are returned to:
Office of Compliance, Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Kent State University
635 Loop Road
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001
Once EOAA receives the completed forms, they will be reviewed and the interactive process will be initiated.
- Kent State University Accessibility Contact List
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- JAN Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR)
- Facts about the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Disability Discrimination
Policies & Procedures
- 5-16 Regarding Unlawful Discrimination and Harassment
- 5-16.1 Complaints of Unlawful Discrimination and Harassment, with the Exception of Gender-Based
Questions about reasonable accommodation of employees with disabilities should be directed to the Office of Compliance, Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action.