Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
Kent State is a proud founding member of the Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia HERC. The OH/Western PA/WV HERC is a consortium of 33 founding member institutions located in the tri-state region. Applicants and member institutions have access to an unlimited number of job postings, a searchable database of applicant CVs, and dual-career resources. Resources are completely free to jobseekers.
Take advantage of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) jobseeker tools to help find your ideal job today! Here are some quick tools to get you started:
- Create a jobseeker account to save your job searches, sign-up for e-job alerts, and upload your CV/resume.
- Sign-up for HERC’s Jobseeker SmartBrief for the latest career news and trends.
- HERC’s blog for jobseekers, Job Talk, offers tips from experts in the field that will help you with your search and provide the best ways promote yourself to prospective employers.
- HERC’s free jobseeker webinars give you access to leading career development experts.
- If you’re part of a dual-career couple, read up on the topic and see which campuses have dual-career programs and policies and use HERC’s dual-career job search function.
- HERC partners with other organizations that share a commitment to diversity and also maintains diversity resources list for jobseekers.
- Could your job search involve relocating to a new region? The regional HERC offices provide relocation resources to help make your transition a little easier.
Kent State University, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require assistance, please contact Kent State University’s Talent Acquisition Office at 330-672-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.