How do I view my personnel file?

University employees files are considered public records. Absent an expressly applicable exception, such as medical records and student education records, nearly all of the records in a personnel file are a public record. However, social security numbers are protected from disclosure and should be redacted before the public records are released. Upon written request to the university, an employee may review his or her personnel file and make photocopies of the documents contained therein. Further questions about personnel files should be directed to University Counsel at (330) 672-2982 or Human Resource Records at (330) 672-8316.