Open Enrollment Period is Oct. 12-24
The annual Open Enrollment period began Sunday, Oct. 12, (midnight, Eastern Standard Time) and will end at 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 24.
All Open Enrollment changes must be made through FlashLine and can be accessed by taking the following steps:
- Log in to FlashLine using your existing username and password.
- Click on the My HR tab.
- On the left side of the screen, look for the Employment Details box and click on the Open Enrollment - through Oct. 24 link.
The Open Enrollment period allows you the opportunity to enroll in or change:
- Your medical plan;
- Your dental plan;
- Enroll or make changes to your supplemental life insurance or other voluntary benefits;
- Add eligible dependents to your plan(s) or drop dependents from your plan(s); and
- Enroll or re-enroll in the flexible spending accounts (dependent care flexible spending account and healthcare flexible spending account)
If you are not changing plans, enrolling in new plans, or adding/dropping dependents, you do not need to do anything. Your benefits will continue as they currently are through the 2015 plan year, however, the following exceptions apply:
- You must re-enroll in your flexible spending account(s) each year if you would like to continue to participate.
- If you participate in the opt-out option, you will need to complete the 2015 Opt-Out Affidavit in order to receive the opt-out incentive.
Although there are no major plan changes to the medical, prescription, vision or dental plans for 2015, it is still important to carefully review all of the benefit plan options and costs before finalizing any enrollment decisions. You may enroll or subsequently change your enrollment at any time during the open enrollment period, Oct. 12-24.
Open Enrollment and Wellness Fairs have been underway on the Regional Campuses beginning Sept. 29 and will continue through Oct. 21. On Tuesday, Oct. 14, the Kent Campus Open Enrollment and Wellness Fair will take place from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the Kent Student Center Ballroom.
As part of this year’s Open Enrollment and Wellness Fairs, free annual health screenings will be available for all full-time, benefits-eligible employees. If you choose to participate in the voluntary health screenings, registration is required. Information on how to register for your appointment with Be Well Solutions, Kent State’s wellness partner, can be found at the OneWellU website or by viewing the flyer.
When you visit the Open Enrollment and Wellness Fairs, be sure to attend one of the “Supplemental Retirement Planning” sessions. A financial advisor will provide an overview of Kent State’s 403(b) and 457 plans and introduce the new Roth option, which allows employees to make contributions on an after-tax basis. These sessions are scheduled at 10 a.m. on each of the Regional Campuses. At the Kent Campus fair, sessions will be held at noon and 1 p.m.
For all your open enrollment news, please visit the Open Enrollment website at http://tinyurl.com/ksu-oe2015. There you will find a link to your 2015 Open Enrollment Booklet, additional information regarding the Open Enrollment and Wellness Fairs and a complete Navigation Guide for completing your open enrollment changes online.
If you need help with your login ID or password, visit http://support.kent.edu or call the Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP (4357). For HR assistance, contact the Kent State Benefits office at 330-672-MyHR (6947) or email Benefits@kent.edu.