United We MOV - MOVchallenge Fundraiser
The United Way Committee at the Kent Campus has teamed up with the Division of Human Resources' Wellness MOVband Program to create an employee physical activity challenge to help raise money for United Way of Portage County.
United Way of Portage County strives to improve education, help individuals achieve financial stability and promote healthy lives.
The MOVchallenge fundraiser will take place on any participant-selected day, Oct. 24-26.
How it works
- You need a MOVband.
- If you already have one you may use it.
- If you need one, receive a FREE MOVband by participating in an onsite health-screening event. Go to the OneWellU websitefor instructions to register for a health screening.
- Follow the instructions to join the Movable Web group and begin using your MOVband.
- Log into your Movable Activity Dashboard. In the bottom right corner, click on "Join a Group." Enter invitation code "kentstateUW2014" and click "Join Group."
- Select your competition day and your personal MOVgoal.
- Get sponsors to support/donate to your MOVment. Checks should be made payable to "United Way of Portage County.”
Sample: "I am participating in a MOVchallenge at Kent State University to raise money for United Way. We want to promote physical activity among our employees and at the same time raise money to help the United Way. My goal is to achieve _______moves or about _____ miles on _______(state date here)*. Would you support my efforts and sponsor my MOVday with a $______ donation? Thank you. I appreciate your support."
- On your selected MOVday, wear your MOVband from the time you get up until the time you go to sleep.
- Sync your MOVband by 10 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 27, to ensure your movements are counted. NOTE: The day with the most moves will count towards the competition.
- Collect your sponsorship money and submit in an envelope with your name and total donation amount to your departmental United Way representative.
- Prizes will be awarded for:
- Most moves in one day
- Most miles in one day
- Most money raised
- At least one prize category winner will win a football signed by Josh Cribbs, former Kent State quarterback and Cleveland Browns pro football player. Other prizes to be determined.
- All participants who complete the challenge will receive a blue- or gold-colored wristband for their MOVband as a token of appreciation.
Visit www.movable.com for help and FAQ about your MOVband.
For questions about the challenge, contact your United Way rep or email Michelle Igleheart at email@example.com.
*The usual goal is 12,000 moves a day, which equates to approximately 5 miles.