Time Reporting-Instructions to Access Leave Report
In this tutorial, you will learn how to access Leave Report and Enter and Submit Hours through the Time Reporting channel in FlashLine.
Keep in mind that you only need to submit leave if you took time off during the given pay period.
To Access Leave Report
- To access Leave Report, open a web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, to access the Kent State homepage at www.kent.edu.
- Once there, go to the FlashLine Login located at the top right corner.
- Log-in to FlashLine. Enter your User Name, which is the first part of your kent email address before the @kent.edu; and then enter your FlashLine Password.
- Then click Login.
- This will bring you to your Flashline page.
- Select the gold MyHR tab.
- To your left you will find the Time Reporting in Banner channel.
- Next, select the appropriate leave report. If it does not appear, select the More button to display all open pay periods. The red flags indicate closed pay periods.
- Click on the appropriate period to get to the Time and Leave Reporting page. Here you will enter your time off.
- Select Enter Hours on the Vacation, Sick Leave, or Personal Leave line where you want to record time off.
- Enter the number of hours you are taking off in the Hours box located above the blue bar where you previously clicked Enter Hours. Select Save.
- It is recommended that you enter and save hours as you take them.
Submitting Hours for Approval
- Do not submit hours for approval until the end of the pay period when you have entered all time taken during that pay period. For example, you should submit hours taken during the November 1-15 pay period on November 16th.
- If you need to change your time, you can do so prior to Submitting for Approval. Simply select the hours previously entered in Vacation, Sick Leave, or Personal Leave, and update the hours in the Hours box and click Save. Do not enter “0” in the Hours box if you did not actually take the time off. Deleting the hours and saving will cause the link to return to Enter Hours.
- If you are sure the time is accurate, and you have entered and saved all hours taken during a pay period, it is time to submit the pay period for approval. You do this by selecting the Submit for Approval button.
- You will be asked to enter your FlashLine password.
- Enter your password and then click Submit.
If you scroll down on this screen, you will see that you have submitted the time, and that it is waiting for approval, along with the approver’s name. Verify that this is your correct supervisor. If not, contact HR Records at 2-8316.