Routine inquiries related to our physics programs, including planetarium show reservations, should be directed to the main departmental office at 330-672-2246 or by fax to 330-672-2959. For inquiries about the status of graduate admission applications, use these phone/fax numbers, or send e-mail to physgradprogram [at] kent.edu. Postal mail should be addressed to: Department of Physics, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242.
Questions or comments on KSU physics programs that do not fall in the above-mentioned categories are normally handled as follows:
- Inquiries that are specific to undergraduate advising and instruction should be directed to our Undergraduate Coordinator, Prof. Mark Manley.
- Requests to evaluate transfer credits for undergraduate physics coursework taken at other universities should be directed to the Assistant to the Chair, Prof. Carmen Almasan.
- Inquiries specific to the graduate program should be directed to our Graduate Coordinator, Prof. John Portman.
- Questions about the planetarium, the observatory, or related matters other than reservations for planetarium shows are fielded by our Planetarium Director, Prof. Brett Ellman.
- All remaining categories of questions and comments on your physics program should be directed to the Chair, Prof. Jim Gleeson or the Assistant to the Chair, Prof. Carmen Almasan.
- Find us on facebook at ksuphysics.