Online CITI training is required for ALL KSU researchers conducting human subject research. This includes:
- Principal Investigators.
- Faculty advisors for students conducting research.
- Faculty requiring students to conduct research for a course.
- Visiting scholars.
Information about CITI:
- Training is valid for three years.
- Training is free when you register and affiliate with KSU.
- Submit a copy of your CITI completion certificate with your IRB application.
- NIH training taken within the last three years may fulfill the CITI requirement for exempt requests. You must submit an NIH training completion certificate with your IRB application.
Instructions for CITI training:
- Register and choose Kent State University as your affiliation. NOTE: Please register under the name you will use when submitting your application.
- Choose "Human Subjects" from the list of training topics. NOTE: RCR training is only required for post-doctoral fellows, graduate assistants, and undergraduate students that are funded by or seeking funding from NSF.
- Choose an investigator group that best describes your role and the type of human subjects activities you plan to conduct.
- Biomedical Research Investigators: Choose this module to satisfy CITI training requirements for Biomedical research with human subjects. You should complete this training if you are personnel on a biomedical research project.
- Social and Behavioral Research Investigators: Choose this module to satisfy CITI training requirements for social and behavioral research with human subjects. You should complete this training if you are personnel on a social and behavioral research project.
- IRB Members: This course is appropriate for IRB or Ethics Committee members.
- Students Conducting No More Than Minimal-Risk Research: Choose this group to satisfy CITI training requirement for completing a class project to be presented only in the classroom (this is not for students conducting practicum, thesis, or dissertation research).
To complete a CITI REFRESHER course because your training has expired:
- Log into CITI training website.
- Click on "My Reports".
- Scroll down and locate modules listed as "Due Now."
CITI Help Documents (Click links below)