Approval Timelines and IRB Process
Submit new level II/III applications via email to one discipline specific IRB reviewer for an initial review. Level I applications may be submitted to the Office of Research Compliance (ORC). If you need assistance finding a reviewer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications requiring full board review must be received by the ORC from a discipline specific reviewer no later than 10 working days before an IRB meeting. We cannot guarantee review by a particular committee, regardless of the submission date.
- Review the Video Overview of the IRB process.
- IRB approval typically takes between two (2) and six (6) weeks.
- Protocols that are highly complex, or are submitted with missing information and/or unanswered questions take longer to process.
- Plan for additional review time if your project involves: data collection outside of the United States or compliance with HIPAA laws.
- Annual IRB workload may affect review timelines.