Senior Guest Program
The Senior Guest program at Kent State University enables persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses on a tuition-free, space-available basis.
Senior guests are responsible for the purchase of textbooks, transportation, parking and any other special fees, as well as the per credit hour distance learning fee assessed for all online classes.
Senior guests do not receive grades, and no credit is awarded. Senior guests may request to enroll in one to two courses per semester during a designated enrollment period.
Spring 2023 Registration is closed. Late registrations can not be accommodated.
Summer I,II,III registration May 24 10:00 a.m. - May 30, 2023 5:00 p.m. Classes start June 8
Fall registration August 8 10:00 a.m. - August 14, 2023 5:00 p.m.
- No pre-registration is required.
- Registration for Kent Campus classes only.
Senior Guest Registration Information and Process
- This registration is for courses at the KENT CAMPUS only. To find registration for all other Kent State campuses, visit the Campus Contact Information page.
- Eligibility: Any person who is sixty years of age or older and who has resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Office of Continuing Education will contact faculty/department and notify you about whether your course request is approved or denied.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review the following important safety protocols.
- Visit the Senior Guest FAQs page for additional information.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- View Schedule of Classes
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Kent Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
PRIOR TO REGISTRATION
Refer to the Schedule of Classes for course information required to complete the online registration.
Before you register, you will need these required items for the course you wish to take:
- Course Title
- Course Level - Undergraduate/Graduate
- Instructor's Name
- CRN #
- Course #
- Section #
- Course Dates