Senior Guest Program
The Senior Guest program at Kent State University enables persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses on a tuition-free, space-available basis.
Senior guests are responsible for the purchase of textbooks, transportation, parking and any other course fees, as well as the per credit hour distance learning fee assessed for all online classes.
Senior guests do not receive grades, and no credit is awarded. Senior guests may request to enroll in one to two courses per semester during a designated enrollment period.
REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES
Summer I,II,III registration will be open Wednesday, May 24 10 a.m. - Tuesday, May 30 5 p.m. Classes start June 8.
REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES
Summer I,II,III registration is closed as of May 30, 5 p.m. Classes start June 8.
Fall registration will be open Tuesday, Aug. 8 10 a.m. - Monday, Aug. 14 5 p.m. Classes start Aug. 21.
Registration link available Aug. 8, 2023.
- No pre-registration is required.
- Late registrations can not be accommodated.
- Any distance learning and course fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for your e-bill.
Senior Guest Registration Information and Process
- The registration form on this website is for Kent campus classes only.
- To find registration for all other Kent State campuses, visit the Campus Contact Information page.
- Eligibility: A person who is sixty years of age or older and has resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Office of Continuing Education will contact faculty/department and notify you about whether your course request is approved or denied.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review the following important safety protocols.
- Visit the Senior Guest FAQs page for additional information.
How to Search for Classes
- View Schedule of Classes
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Kent Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
Click Class Search
Refer to the Schedule of Classes for course information required to complete the online registration.
Before you start the online registration, you will need these required items for the course you wish to attend:
- Course Title
- Course Level - Undergraduate/Graduate
- Course / Section
- Meeting Dates
- Days / Time
Contact the Office of Continuing and Distance Education by email at email@example.com or call the office at 330-672-3100 for questions and assistance.