Senior Guest Program
The Senior Guest program at Kent State University enables persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses on a tuition-free, space-available basis, with faculty approval.
Senior guests are responsible for the purchase of textbooks, transportation, parking and any other course fees, as well as the per credit hour distance learning fee assessed for all online classes. Senior guests do not receive grades, and no credit is awarded. Senior Guests may select up to two (2) courses and one (1) alternative during a designated enrollment period.
Senior Guest Spring 2024 registration begins Jan 2
Registration will take place Tuesday, Jan. 2, at 10 a.m. through Monday, Jan. 8, at 5 p.m.
Registration link will be available on Jan. 2.
- No pre-registration is required.
- Late registrations can not be accommodated.
- Any distance learning and course fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for your e-bill.
- Senior guest administrator will contact faculty/department and notify you about whether your course request is approved or denied.
Please do not:
- Email, call, visit or otherwise contact a faculty member, school director, department chair, etc. to request admission to a course.
- Attend a course if you have not been approved to do so.
- In all cases, the faculty member's decision is final.
Senior Guest Information
- Registration for Kent State campuses, visit the Campus Contact Information page.
- Eligibility: A person who is sixty years of age or older and has resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Visit the Senior Guest FAQs page for information.
How to search on Schedule of Classes
- View Schedule of Classes
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Kent Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
Click Class Search
Refer to the Schedule of Classes for course information required to complete the online registration.
Before you start the online registration, you will need these required items for the course you wish to attend:
- Course Title
- Course Level - Undergraduate/Graduate
- Course / Section
- Meeting Dates
- Days / Time