Contact Student Legal Services for assistance with sealing your criminal record. Expungement is a legal process in which you can clean up your criminal record. If you are successful, it's like the conviction never happened.
Generally, to be eligible for expungement, you:
- Must be a eligible offender (no more than two convictions)
- A certain amount of time must pass between conviction and requesting the expungement of that conviction (for misdemeanors, that time period is one year)
- Have no pending criminal charges at the time of the request
- Have been "rehabilitated".
- There are some crimes, like driving under the influence, that you can never expunge.