Establishing Staff Council
Staff Council is the result of several factors, including a request from President Beverly Warren to establish a staff council for university employees, the university’s “Great Place Initiative,” and the results of the 2016 Climate Study.
The establishment of a Staff Council aligns with the university’s strategic road map, ULI 2.3. or to "Implement a 'Great Place Initiative' that prioritizes attention to the diverse human element of the university.” It is intended to be congruent with initiatives being developed as a result of the 2016 Climate Study, particularly as it relates to communications between employees and managers/supervisors.
KSU-SC provides classified and unclassified Kent State employees with opportunities to impact KSU workplace culture and support the goal of making Kent State University a great place to work. Employees' impact on their workplace can manifest itself in the following ways:
- Providing employees with additional opportunities to connect with the university’s mission, vision and Strategic Road Map.
- Providing employees with opportunities to gain knowledge and develop professional skills which can enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the university.
- Providing employees enhanced opportunities to innovate and collaborate to accomplish positive outcomes for the university and the university community.
- Acknowledging and recognizing our employees’ outstanding work and unique contributions.
- Creating an atmosphere of empowerment, developing leaders and creating a bridge between employees.
Learn more about Great Place Initiative Subcommittee for Staff Council