De-escalating Difficult Customer Interactions
This program is designed to assist anyone who interacts with customers either in-person or via telephone or email. Trying to maintain a “customer first” or “the customer is always right” attitude can be difficult when the customer is angry, unreasonable or deliberately attempting to escalate a negatively charged situation.
This program provides the tools for responding appropriately in emotionally charged situations to ultimately attain a calm conclusion in the conversation.
- Determine the Real Issue Driving the Difficult Behavior
- Avoid Antagonistic Tactics That Derail the Conversation and Increase Strong Emotion
- Maintain Composure
- Respond With Influential Listening
- Utilize Calming Word Choice
- Avoid Word Choice That Escalates Emotion
- Say “No” Tactfully, yet Assertively
- Practice Concluding a Difficult Conversation
We can tailor this program and deliver it on-site or virtually for your employees and leaders.
What our clients are saying about the facilitator...
“Well-organized and worthwhile, I think regardless of background or position this is worthwhile training if you have to deal with people at work”
John Blystone, Manager of Engineering & Maintenance
Great Lakes Brewing Company
"Deb does a great job of engaging her audience and brought the learning process to a level that we all could utilize”
JoDee Sullivan, Team Leader
Kurtz Bros., Inc.
Kent State facilitator Deborah Easton has been a communications coach for 30 years, and provides audiences with practical and effective advice for communicating with colleagues, customers and direct reports.