Proven Techniques for Captivating Listeners
Whether the participants will present to large or small groups within the organization, conduct training programs, lead information-sharing meetings or speak to audiences outside the organization, they will learn to dynamically present a well-prepared message. Participants will gain knowledge about new methods for presentation preparation and delivery. The facilitator will coach each participant in a live audience situation, maximizing the unique presentation style of each participant.
- Learn new techniques for adapting to the demands of diverse audiences
- Develop concise, organized messages with less preparation time
- Incorporate memorable examples to enhance listener comprehension and retention
- Practice managing the unique challenges of interactive presentations
- Add audience-involving techniques to encourage participation
- Utilize visual media to enhance, not distract from, the speaker’s message
- Enhance one’s own unique speaking style
- Practice dynamic delivery techniques
- What affects a presenter’s credibility? – introduction to program core values
- Adapting to listeners’ expectations
- Avoiding the preparation mistakes many presenters make – information-sharing and in-class planning exercises
- Tips for enlivening dry material
- Being a dynamic speaker without acting
- What should today’s facilitator have done differently? – group discussion to reinforce current training principles and to create comfort with critiquing one another’s presentations
- Speaking assignment: present a topic that is complex, technical or completely outside of the audience’s knowledge in a clear, concise, dynamic manner. Visual aids recommended.
This program may be delivered in a 12- or 20- hour format and is targeted for all associates in an organization who are responsible for delivering presentations.
We can tailor this program and deliver it on-site for your employees and leaders.
Kent State facilitator Deborah Easton has been a communications coach for 30 years, and provides audiences with practical and effective advice for communicating with colleagues, customers and direct reports.
“Deb was energetic, clear, and provided a lot of examples to help with understanding the concepts presented.”
Maria Ortega, Editorial Manager,