- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Studying abroad can be affordable! Many programs offer the same tuition rates as Kent State, and some programs even have lower tuition.
It is possible to use your federal financial aid to go on Kent State approved programs. The Student Financial Aid Office has provided the following document to help inform students about using financial aid abroad.
It is also possible to use most Kent State scholarships for study abroad costs. If you receive a tuition waiver, that can also be applied to eligible study abroad programs. It is important to note that if you do receive a tuition waiver, you must make sure to tell your Education Abroad Advisor.
If you receive Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, you may be able to use that money to help pay for study abroad. The US Department of Veterans Affairs has created a sheet to explain what GI Bill funds might cover.
EDUCATION ABROAD COST CALCULATOR
If you plan on studying abroad for any period of time, you can calculate your estimated program costs as well as your estimated financial aid using the Cost Calculator. This step by step tool will use your information to estimate total out of pocket expenses or an estimated refund for current or future terms. Please see the following link to access the Cost Calculator and instructions: http://www.kent.edu/financialaid/EAcalculator
For more information, contact Financial Aid Counselor Alana Thompson at email@example.com or (330) 672-3209. Or visit the "Steps to Receive Financial Aid for Education Abroad Programs" page here: http://www.kent.edu/financialaid/education-abroad-financial-aid
There are many opportunities to apply for study abroad scholarships. The listing provided is not a comprehensive list, so students are encouraged to search for additional scholarships. It is important to start researching scholarships early, as many have early deadlines of up to a year in advance.
NEW! The Office of Global Education is proud to announce financial assistance in the form of two unique Education Abroad Scholarships for disadvantaged Kent State students interested in a study abroad experience.
Additionally, some study abroad programs include scholarships that help pay for things such as tuition or flights. These programs can found by going to the Program Search page and selecting ‘Yes’ in the parameter box that says Program Specific Scholarship.
- GOEuro European Study Abroad Scholarship: The GoEuro European Study Abroad Scholarship aims to financially assist students studying in Europe. GoEuro's mission is to facilitate student travel across Europe by improving access to all towns and cities across the continent.
- This scholarship is available to students of any major or discipline currently enrolled at Kent State University, in good academic standing, and participating in a study abroad program in Europe.
- Deadline to apply: January 31, 2017 by 11:59pm
- 3 awards will be granted:
- 1st place: €2,000 euros
- 2nd place: €1,500 euros
- 3rd place: €500 euros
- Click HERE to apply!