Class Project Agreement
The Honors College permits students to create an Honors section of a standard KSU non-Honors course with the approval of the course instructor. The goal of this project is to provide students with an enriched educational experience through a course in the major or other field of interest.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- The student must have held membership in the Honors College for at least one semester prior to the CPA and have completed at least one all-Honors class
- Only upper-division, letter-graded KSU classes may be used with the CPA
- Students may complete only one CPA per semester and a maximum of 6-credit-hours of CPA per undergraduate degree.
- The CPA cannot be used with online classes
- The CPA cannot be used for a class section already offered as Honors in that current term.
- Discuss the CPA option during regular Honors academic advising prior to submitting a contract.
- In consultation with the instructor, create a proposal (approximately 500 words) describing the Honors component of the class and attach it to this form.
- Attach the non-Honors syllabus.
- Assist the student in creating a learning experience that is richer and more sophisticated than the non-Honors section. Students should have the opportunity for in-depth research, field work, collaboration, or presentation.
- Ensure the project(s) the student wishes to complete is an appropriate addition to the existing course expectations.
- Sign both the front of this form and the attached proposal.
- If appropriate, meet with the student outside of scheduled class time to review and discuss progress.
All Class Project Agreements must be submitted to the Honors College by Wednesday of the second week of the semester.