- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Senior Honors Portfolio
The Senior Portfolio is a graded one-credit-hour project which involves the collection of 8-10 artifacts from a student's undergraduate career accompanied by a reflective paper that explains how each artifact contributed to the student's intellectual and/or personal growth.
The Senior Portfolio provides an opportunity for students to review their work during their undergraduate experience and to select 8 -10 artifacts that provide the best evidence of meeting the following Honors College goals: academic excellence, campus and community service, global awareness, appreciation of cultural events, and personal growth.
Elements of the Portfolio
The Honors Senior Portfolio is a reflective portfolio, not a professional portfolio. The portfolio consists of two parts:
- Documentation of carefully selected milestones over the last four years in the form of 8-10 artifacts (written, visual, taped, etc.) that relate to the Honors College goals listed above. The 8-10 artifacts should consist of both academic and non-academic work as follows:
- A reflective 10-15 page paper which integrates this collection of artifacts with the student’s self-reflected observations of personal growth and development. The 10-15 page reflection paper, although a highly personal essay, should be a polished piece of writing.
Further details are outlined on the contract.
Enrollment & Registration
Students must complete the Senior Honors Portfolio contract prior to enrollment. Students are registered for one-credit-hour.
Students who wish to receive more information about the Senior Honors Portfolio should contact Vicki Bocchicchio, Director, Academic Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.