SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER
Get your FSA ID
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1 for priority processing and to ensure maximum financial aid eligibility.
Review the FAFSA site
- View your student financial aid awards and/or any outstanding financial aid requirements via FlashLine.
Access your information on FlashLine
APRIL - MAY
- Students must accept, decline or reduce federal loans.
Log into FlashLine
- First-time borrowers: Sign the Master Promissory Note and complete Entrance Loan Counseling
Visit the studentloans.gov site
- Parents can apply for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
Apply on the studentloans.gov site
- View information about direct loan interest rates and repayment of federal loans.
Review the studentloans.gov site
- If borrowing a private/alternative student loan, compare lender options and apply through FastChoice. If awarded institutional scholarships, accept via FlashLine.
Visit FastChoice Log into FlashLine
JUNE - AUGUST
- Check your Kent State email account (beginning in July) for email notification regarding your e-bills published by Bursar's Office (billing office).
- Visit the Bursar's Office for detailed billing and due date information.
- Review Bursar's Office FAQ including important information about Authorization of Title IV Aid (federal aid).
Go to the Bursar's site
- Make a refund selection using information received from BankMobile (you will receive this after enrolling in classes).
Go to the BankMobile site