Future Cadets

Welcome Future Cadets to Air Force ROTC Detachment 630

Congratulations on your decision to join the AFROTC program at Detachment (Det) 630, hosted at Kent State University (KSU). We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your goal of becoming a commissioned officer in the world's greatest Air Force!

New Cadet Enrollment Information

One of the first things you can do is to create a WINGS account.  WINGS is on online system that will be used to track your entire AFROTC career.  It will help maintain that your records are current and ensure that there is a smooth transition to active duty after you commission.  This is how we will access and upload all of the documentation you provide us.  Please make sure to use your .edu email to create your account. 

The next thing needed to process your enrollment into AFROTC is completion of your in-processing packet.  Make sure that you complete all items on the Det 630 New Cadet Checklist.  We will need your original Birth Certificate and Social Security Card when you come in for a physical visit, but we will give them back to you on the spot once we make copies.

Once your forms are filled out and you verified that you have completed, please upload them to the Det 630 Dropbox.

Use the following link when signing up for your Kent State classes.

New cadets will need to sign up for:

  • Heritage and Values
  • Leadership Laboratory

NOTE: If you are a Crosstown Cadet follow directions on Crosstown Cadet Registration Page.


New Cadet Orientation Program

NCOP is held the week before Fall semester begins.

Date and time will be emailed to all students who have registered for our classes.


What is it like to be a cadet?




Privacy Act and Security Notice

Last Updated: 11 Jul 2024

Air Force and Det 630 Emblems