Getting Started with Canvas
- To access Canvas, go to canvas.kent.edu
- Canvas works best with Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari browsers.
- Check the status of Canvas Services current service status at any time.
- The Department Scheduler creates your course shell and enables the course in Banner for Canvas. If your course is not showing up in your Canvas course list, please contact your Department Scheduler ASAP.
- Review the Canvas-Ready Checklist before you begin teaching to make sure your course is Canvas Ready!
- Review the Notifications, Inbox, and Announcements (PDF) guide to clarify if/when notifications are sent when instructors send messages or post announcements based on course publishing and participation settings.
- Verify your Student Roster by going into your course, and click on People. If this list does not match your official FlashLine student roster, please submit a Canvas Course Roster Synchronization ticket.
- Combine Multiple Course Sections by submitting a Course Combine Request Form and allowing a couple of business days for processing.
- Use the Copy Course (Import) Content guide to learn how to copy (import) content from a previous course into a current course.
- Import the Kent State Online Template to help build a quality online course quickly and easily.
- Add Users to your Course Please follow these instructions to add other users (GA/TA/Colleagues) to your course with their valid KSU FlashLine user ID. NOTE: For security purposes, please do not share your FlashLine password with your GA/TA or colleagues.
- How to Manage your Course List (Dashboard) You can choose to show/hide courses in your course list (Dashboard) to make it more manageable by following these instructions. Find/Access All Courses. Set “Favorite” Courses.