Canvas in a Flash is a self-paced Canvas training/preview. Feel free to walk through this resource and learn more about Canvas at KSU.
- canvas.kent.edu or FlashLine.
- How do I view my courses in Canvas?
*If you’re not finding a course on your Dashboard, check Courses > All Courses. Courses listed under Future Enrollments have not yet been made available by your instructor
- How do I use the Dashboard?
- Edit your profile
- Select personal pronouns
- Set favorite courses
- Customize notifications*
*Notifications are customizable; however, it's important to keep Notify immediately set for Announcements and Conversations, so you'll stay in the know about important class events, activities, and updates.
Your student account has 50MB of storage in the Canvas Files area. If you receive the message, Error: file size exceeds quota, you have reached the 50MB limit and may need to delete excess files to free-up storage space.
NOT included in your 50MB:
- Files attached/submitted to graded assignments and discussions.
Included in your 50MB:
- Profile pictures.
- Files manually uploaded to your Files area.
- Files attached/submitted to ungraded assignments or ungraded discussions.
- Files attached to Conversations in the Inbox.
- How do I view my user files?
- How do I download assignment submissions from all my courses?
- How do I delete a file or folder? *Files submitted as part of an assignment cannot be deleted.
- How do I prevent data loss with OneDrive?
- How do I view Modules?
- How do I download the Canvas Student app on my iOS device?
- How do I download the Canvas Student app on my Android device?
Participating & Staying on Track
- How do I use the Calendar?
- How do I view Announcements?
- How do I use the Inbox?
- How do I attend a live/online class with MS Teams?
- How do I view Discussions?
- How do I view Assignments?
- How do I create and submit videos and/or recorded presentations?
- How do I take a quiz?
- How do I view my grades?
- How do I approximate my scores using the What-If Grades feature?