THE GLOBAL SCHOLAR EXCHANGE PROGRAM
(Master’s in Communication Studies)
Catholic University of Portugal is a private university that was established in 1967 in Lisbon, Portugal. The Master of Arts in Communication Science, which is housed under the School of Human Sciences, offers students a unique opportunity by:
- Enhancing the value of their master’s degree by allowing students to participate in this transformative intercultural semester abroad experience.
- Empowering student’s future and launching their career by building foundational relationships and global connections with communication scholars and practitioners.
- Engaging students in the study of global media and systems at the prestigious Catholic University of Portugal in Lisbon.
|First Semester||Students from both universities study at their home institutions|
|Second Semester||Portuguese students arrive at Kent State and take courses with School of Communication Studies students|
|Third Semester||Kent State students study abroad in Lisbon and take courses with Catholic University of Portugal students|
|Fourth Semester||Students finish remaining courses and capstone projects at their home institutions|
While in Lisbon, Kent State students will take courses taught in English with Catholic University of Portugal professors. Student’s course loads will be advised by Kent State graduate faculty.
- Information society, knowledge and culture
- Communication and leadership
- Media programming strategies
- Media, society and culture
- Television studies
- Digital gaming
- Students must be enrolled in a CCI graduate program
- Students must NOT be under contract for a teaching assistantship or a graduate assistantship during their semester abroad
Program Costs & Accommodations:
Students pay Kent State tuition and are responsible for housing costs, meals and additional expenses.
Students will stay in the City of Lisbon Foundation Student Residence, where they will have access to study rooms with Wi-Fi, Laundry facilities and a full kitchen area. The cost of living in the Student Resident is a monthly rent of $225 per person (based on four-person occupancy).
For more information about The Global Scholar Exchange Program, contact Professor Mei-Chen Lin, Ph.D.